Mountain Experiences - free hiking programme
Hiking programme, guide and transportation on the hiking bus is free for all guests living in Innsbruck or one of its 25 holiday villages and owning a guest card from 26 May - 24 October 2014.
Alpine summer hikes:
daily 26 May – 28 September
Alpine autumn hikes:
Monday –Friday from 29 September – 27 October
Innsbruck: 9.00 am Congress Innsbruck
Holiday Villages: Departure from our holiday villages are divers, please refer to the hiking bus timetable.
Included (free of charge for guests holding a GUEST CARD):
• Mountain hikes with approved guide from the Alpin Schule Innsbruck (ASI)
• Hiking bus
• Tour book
• A limited number of hiking boots and backpacks are available.
• 1,220 km of hiking paths
• Go-ahead regardless of weather conditions
• Hiking tours lasting between 3 and 4 hours
• Suitable for elderly people and children from the age of 8
• Good physical fitness required
• No previous knowledge of mountaineering necessary
• Outdoor clothing (hiking boots, anorak, rain-wear)
• Sun protection, food and an adequate supply of drinks
Also see our brochure: Summer Hiking Programme
Hiking in the heart of the Alps
A walker’s paradise! Innsbruck invites you to hike in the Alps. It offers one of the most beautiful surroundings for outdoor exercise and relaxation. No matter whether you watch the sun rise, walk along a nature trail on a glacier or enjoy a gourmet menu 2000m above sea level – the experience will definitely be unforgettable.
Innsbruck is famous for its mountains – perfect for skiing in winter and hiking in summer. The mountains are the ideal place for an active outdoor holiday. Walk along the most stunning sites of the Alps. Nowhere else will you be offered such a diverse program within such a beautiful mountain scenery.