Park of Ambras Castle
The earliest written description of this park dates back to 1574 and describes fishponds, vineyards, game reserves , glasshouses and a curiosity: a round table operated by waterpower.
The artificial waterfall built in the 16th century is still an attraction.
When the castle of Ambras was rebuilt for Ferdinand II. and his wife, the gardens were laid out. These Renaissance flowerbeds were partly reconstructed in 1997 according to the original plans.
Other parts of the park were planned over the last 30 years as formal,landscape ,or wild gardens.
Closed in november