Parish Church in Wildermieming
Info and opening hours
Wildermieming 45 , 6414 Wildermieming
Hl. fair Saturday at 7.00 pm or Hl. fair Sunday at 10.00 am
The late Gothic Roman Catholic Parish Church of St Nicholas was first mentioned in documents dating back to 1352. The church has a simple external structure under a steep gable roof with a nave and a retracted choir that is closed on three sides and surrounded by a base. On the south side of the tower there is a fresco depicting Saint Christopher, while the eastern wall displays the remains of a fresco depicting the Fifth Station of the Cross from the second half of the 18th century. The south gable end features arched windows and an oculus in the gable, which also contains a painted sundial dating back to 1795. After a fire in 1876, the church was redesigned in neo-Romanesque style. Both the church and the graveyard are protected monuments and are located at the heart of the village of Wildermieming.