Park of Ambras Castle
This 20-hectare park was once the green oasis for Archduke Ferdinand and his wife Philippine Welser, who designed the Renaissance garden in the second half of the 16th century. The great highlight at that time was the artificial waterfall which, fortunately, still exists! The earliest-known written records from the year 1574 describe fishponds, vineyards, game reserves and greenhouses. A curiosity was the rotunda, in the middle of which was a table which could be turned by water power.
The park is the perfect way to end a visit to the Palace, and can also be enjoyed alone. A popular place to relax.