- Neighbouring villages
- Southern holiday villages
- Western holiday villages
- Kühtai - Sellraintal
- Sonnenplateau Mieming & Tirol Mitte
Pilgrimage Church of St. Blasius
700 years of faith
The Pilgrimage Church of St. Blasius is the landmark of Völs and is located high above the village hall, south-west of the historic village centre. This sacred masterpiece is a popular pilgrimage site and characterises the appearance of the village – the distinctive church tower, dedicated to St. Blasius, can be seen from afar. The Pilgrimage Church of St. Blasius was first mentioned in 1286. It was restored and extended in the 18th century. To make it “contemporary” again, the church was also converted to the Baroque style. In 1986, extensive renovations were carried out on both the interior and exterior of the church to mark the 700th anniversary celebration. This beloved landmark hasn’t lost any of its appeal today and is well-worth a visit.