Parish Church of St Gertrude
Parish Church of St Gertrude in Sistrans
The Church of St Gertrude is dedicated to Saint Gertrude of Nivelles, the abbess of the Belgian abbey of the same name. The church in the village of Sistrans was first mentioned in letters of indulgence back in 1339. It was given new decorative features and extended on several occasions over the centuries, for example with the addition of new altars in 1705, the renovation of the tower in 1718, extension work in 1727 and the construction of the parsonage in 1733. In 1741, the church was redesigned in Baroque style and in 1785, the Parish Church of Sistrans broke away from its parent church in Patsch. Renovation work was carried out on the church interior in the mid-20th century and the church tower at the start of the 1990s.