Main navigation

today

afternoon
9°C/48°F
50% Fineweather
2300mm
Frostborder

Saturday

Saturday
8°C/46°F
60% Fineweather
2200mm
Frostborder

Sunday

Sunday
1°C/34°F
40% Fineweather
700mm
Frostborder

Forecast

A mild airflow accompanied by foehn winds has established! Whereas powder snow fans will surely not be happy about this, those who do not like the cold will be delighted.

All day, we will see variable amounts of cloud and mild temperatures.

Tendency

We will remain under the influence of low pressure the next few days and the weather remains volatile.

Need help? Contact us!

Innsbruck Tourism


Mon - Fri: 8.00 am - 5.00 pm

Hotel- and group reservations


Mon - Fri: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm

Tourist info


Mo - Fr: 9.00 am - 3.00 pm

today

afternoon
9°C/48°F
50% Fineweather
2300mm
Frostborder

Saturday

Saturday
8°C/46°F
60% Fineweather
2200mm
Frostborder

Sunday

Sunday
1°C/34°F
40% Fineweather
700mm
Frostborder

Forecast

A mild airflow accompanied by foehn winds has established! Whereas powder snow fans will surely not be happy about this, those who do not like the cold will be delighted.

All day, we will see variable amounts of cloud and mild temperatures.

Tendency

We will remain under the influence of low pressure the next few days and the weather remains volatile.

Need help? Contact us!

Innsbruck Tourism


Mon - Fri: 8.00 am - 5.00 pm

Hotel- and group reservations


Mon - Fri: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm

Tourist info


Mo - Fr: 9.00 am - 3.00 pm

Churches and monasteries

 > The Parish Church of the Holy Cross in Zirl

The Parish Church of the Holy Cross in Zirl

Pfarrkirche zum Hl. Kreuz
Schulgasse, 6170  Zirl
+43 5238 / 53 878
pfarre@zirl.at
https://www.zirl.at/pfarre/

Opening Hours

The Parish Church of the Holy Cross was first mentioned in documents dating back to 1391.
The 62-metre-high church tower was built during the reign of Emperor Maximilian I (1493-1519) and was given its Baroque onion dome in 1770. The church we know today was built between 1847 and 1849 and the magnificent frescos in Nazarene style were created by the church painter from Zirl Franz Plattner between 1860 and 1887.
The oldest part of the church is the baptismal font, which dates back to the time of Emperor Maximilian.
In 2017, the roof and the façade of the church were completely restored in their original colours.



Map
+
-
unlimited