Judenstein - Church Mariä Heimsuchung
The Church of the Visitation – Judenstein
Judenstein was once a place of pilgrimage and now attracts visitors with its Church of the Visitation, a popular venue for weddings and christenings. The church was built by Dr Hyppolytus Guarinoni in 1670 and the ceiling painting is by Josef and Franz Giner (1771). The central fresco was restored and exposed between 1987 and 1989 and the church is also home to an impressive newer fresco.