Calvary Church in Zirl
Kalvarienbergstraße, 6170 Zirl
The Calvary Church with its wonderful Way of the Cross marks the top of the Kalvarienberg (or calvary hill), which is located on a steep cliff above the Ehnbachklamm gorge.
The chapel was built between 1803 and 1805 after Thomas Tiefenbrunner from Zirl, commonly known as Hoisler Thomele, had collected enough money for the construction of the church.
The Stations of the Cross were rebuilt in 1975 by various associations from Zirl and adorned with mosaics by the local artist Anton Plattner.