On July 26, 1703 (St. Ann's Day) St. Ann's Column was erected right in the centre of Maria-Theresien-Straße to commemorate the liberation from the Bavarian troops which had invaded Tirol earlier. On top of this Corinthian column built out of red marble is a statue of St. Mary. Surrounding the column are statues of Saints Cassian, Vigilius, George and Ann, built by Christoforo Bendetti, an Italian sculptor from Trento.
From St. Ann’s Column we will walk back to the Old Town and the Golden Roof. In front of the Golden Roof we will turn right to Hofgasse. At the end of this lane we will pass the former town gate and reach the Imperial Church.