Accessibility of St. Anne’s Column
Accessible viewing possible. St. Anne’s Column in the centre of Maria Theresien Street was erected to commemorate the liberation of Tyrol from invading Bavarian troops on St. Anne's Day (26 July) in 1703. At the top of the red marble Corinthian column is a statue of Mary Immaculate enthroned on a crescent moon. The podium is surrounded by statues of St. Cassian, St. Vigilius, St. George and St. Anne, created by the Trentino sculptor Christoforo Benedetti.
Other nearby sights and attractions: the historic old town, Herzog-Friedrich-Straße road, the Golden Roof, the Imperial Palace and the Court Church