St. George's parish church
The church was first mentioned in 1337. The base walls of the presbytery originate from the middle of the 13th century.
At that time, the church was still very small, and in the second half of the 15th century it was integrate into the new construction.
The last of the three altars was consecrated in the year 1499 - thus completing the new construction of the church, hence the 500th anniversary celebrations in 1999.
From outside, the church presents itself as a late gothic nave, with a slightly retracted chancel and a rectangular closure. The Gothic tower with gable peak, uncoupled round-arched acoustic windows, is attached to the vestry on the north side of the chancel. Inside the church, which is strongly Baroque, the four bay nave and the arch are traces of the church's Gothic origin.
De Parochie Office openingstijden:
Dinsdag 8.00 - 12.00 uur
Donderdag 17.00-19.00 uur
Vrijdag 15.00-19.00 uur