Ris Castle is located above the village of Flaurling, close to the parish church on the edge of the forest. The castle was originally a hunting lodge belonging to Archduke Sigismund, who bequeathed it to Pastor Sigmund Ris in 1500. The pastor extended the building by adding a chapel and library, both of which still exist today. In the 18th century, the castle building was given a remarkable Baroque parish garden with ascending terraces. Nowadays, Ris Castle can only be viewed from the outside.
Contact & informationRisschloss