Get to know Innsbruck your way
Sightseeing classics and insider tips off the beaten track: our tours have it all. So you can explore Innsbruck independently and on your own schedule. Go on a journey of discovery through the oldest parts of the city, take a look at modern Innsbruck or walk in the footsteps of the famous Habsburg imperial dynasty. If you don't have very long, we can even tell you how to get to know Innsbruck in one hour, one day or three days.
Guided city tours are, of course, also available if you would rather visit Innsbruck's sights with a guide. Click here for more information about the guided tours.
Treasure hunters and puzzle fans explore Walks 4 and 7 on the GO Innsbruck scavenger hunt.
Leave the Old Town and, after just a few steps, you can set off on an exciting journey through time. To the north you can admire the colourful ensemble of buildings and church towers of "Anpruggen", the oldest part of Innsbruck today called St. Nikolaus, Mariahilf and Hötting.
With the River Inn in the foreground and the Nordkette mountains as a backdrop, these 15th century buildings with their towering gables are amongst the most photographed motifs in Innsbruck. But it’s worth looking further afield. If you stroll through the streets of St. Nikolaus and Mariahilf, you get a sense of the original Innsbruck. You feel transported back decades, even centuries in time.
The Golden Roof may well be just round the corner, but only a few tourists find their way here. They’re missing out, because a walk through these undiscovered alleys and hidden squares is really worthwhile. A walk for all those who want to take their time and have a look behind the scenes. It’s also a great tour for church lovers!
- Start at the market hall
- Head east past the Ottoburg over the River Inn bridge
- Head west to Mariahilf Church head up Kirschentalgasse to Schneeburggasse
- Follow Bachgasse and Schulgasse up to the old Hötting Parish Church or via Schulgasse down to the New Hötting Parish Church
- Go down Höttingergasse
- Head eastwards over Innstrasse and St. Nikolausgasse to Bäckerbühelgasse
- Head east along Riedgasse and Weiherburggasse up to Schloss Büchsenhausen
- Go along Weiherburggasse and past St. Nikolaus Parish Church
- Follow Schmelzergasse and Innstrasse to the Emile-Béthouart-Steg bridge and cross the River Inn
- Head upstream along the Inn back to the Old Town and Golden Roof
In the surrounding area