- Innsbruck City
- Interactive Map
The Helbling House provides splendid contrast to the Gothic old town from right in the heart of the old town itself! The building is immediately recognisable because it is the only elaborate Baroque style building and surrounded by medieval neighbours. It was the height of fashion in the 18th century. In 1730, Anton Gigl elaborately decorated the façade. Acanthus leaves, fruit garlands, shells, putti, masks and more adorn the walls, bay windows and Baroque gable all the way up to the fourth floor.
The house itself is as old as the ones surrounding it and was built in the late Middle Ages. Its name, however, is much more recent: it comes from Sebastian Helbling who ran a café here in the 19th century. The Helbling House is located diagonally across from the Golden Roof on Erzhog-Friedrich Street.
Only to visit from outside
Contact & informationHelbinghaus