This page will give you some ideas for ski tours in the region of Innsbruck. A great way to get a wonderful insight into the wonders of winter, especially under good conditions. These are, of course, only suggestions, as the final responsibility lies with the tourer to inform him or herself about current conditions before setting out.
Ski touring is a sport in which the risks should never be underestimated. We cannot accept any responsibility for snow conditions, avalanche risks and other outside influences. Every ski tourer is responsible for their own adequate avalanche protection and should check all current conditions with Tyrol's Avalanche Warning Service.
This route runs off-piste between the Patscherkofel cable-car middle station and the Patscher Alm alpine hut, with an easy ascent to the Hochmahalm and Schutzhaus huts. The trail offers wonderful views along the forest path. This simple ski tour is also suitable for beginners and avoids any steep climbs. This route can also be combined with using the cable car for ascent, and is only suitable when enough snow is lying. Descent is always possible via the piste.
Opening times for on-piste ski tourers:
Daily from 9am to 6pm Thursdays from 9am to 10pm
The pistes are closed for ski touring at all other times. Additional closures may also occur.
Important advice for on-piste tourers.
(Source: Board of Trustees for Alpine Safety)
Ski pistes are primarily available for cable car and lift users. To avoid conflicts and accidents, we ask you, in addition to the FIS rules, to adhere to the following:
1. Warnings and local regulations
2. Be aware of any piste closures. The use of heavy piste machinery (winches, etc.) can lead to dangerous situations. Pistes will be closed for safety reasons for the duration of any use of heavy machinery.
3. Only join the piste at the edge and in single file.
4. Only cross the pistes at clear points and with enough distance between one another.
5. Only use the edges of freshly-prepared pistes. Overnight freezing of trails can lead to poorer quality pistes.
6. Ensure you leave the piste before 6pm, and 10pm on Thursdays.
7. Be visible. Wear a headlamp and reflective clothing in the dark.
8. Only use pistes specially designated for touring.
9. Do not bring dogs onto the pistes.
Arrival, public transport
Bus Linie J - bus stop Patscherkofel