From the City to the Powder
Enjoy the 'city life' in Innsbruck in the evening, then board the bus in the morning with your gear and head towards deep snow paradise. At Axamer Lizum, just 19km away from the city, the powder-hungry from near and far come together. Even pros like World Tour Rider Neil Williman from New Zealand have named 'The Lizum' as their winter home, and often enter contests.
The top spot for freeriders in Innsbruck's Ski Resort covers 300 hectares of free terrain, containing countless north-facing slopes and the best conditions for powder fun. The altitude ensures powder snow of the best quality, and the world's biggest ski portal - skiresort.de - has awarded Acamaer Lizum 5 stars in the freeride category, confirming the resort's importance to freeriders. That's what makes Axamer Lizum the most popular powder playground in the Innsbruck area.
- 300 hectares of freeride terrain
- Amidst the unique scenery of the Kalkkögel mountains
- Just 19 km from Innsbruck
- Orientation: N, NE, W
- Avalanche transceiver checkpoints
- Lots of freeride events and freeride camps
- Professionals and guiding available in resort through the Freeride Division
- 5 ski routes covering a total of 10,000 vertical metres
- Free ski bus daily to and from Innsbruck