Local authority Rum
The market town of Rum - the town hall
The town hall is located in a listed building that was originally a guesthouse called Gasthof Altwirt built around 1700. Careful renovations were done in 2005, including an extension and adaptations to turn the building into the town hall for the market town of Rum. The three-storey stone-walled building has a wooden gable under a pitched roof, as well as a painted corner bay window that stretches over two floors. The façades are decorated with architectural paintings, such as painted quoin corners and window frames, and a painted sundial. Other features include depictions of Mary, St. John the Baptist and St. Catherine. Directly in front of the town hall is the town hall square, which is also used as an event venue, and the FoRUM café and multifunctional event centre.