High-Alpine Climbing amongst the Three-Thousanders
Historic, high-alpine landscapes characterise the Sellraintal hiking area, which stretches all the way to the Stubai Alps. Many challenging routes make this a worthwhile location for experienced mountaineers, and the villages of Sellrain, gries and St Sigmund even carry the moniker of ‘climbing villages’. These are the starting points for fascinating one-day and multi-day tours, and a perfect way to experience alpine wildlife up close. A further bonus is that at this altitude, hay-fever sufferers can breathe easily, due to the lack of pollen and dust.
- High-alpine hiking area
- The ‘climbing villages’ of Sellrain, Gries and St Sigmund
- Views of countless three-thousanders
- Located between 900 and 3,500m above sea level
- Many routes for experienced hikers and climbers
- Also many intermediate-level routes available